Before you jump up and file for the delay caused in your travel plans due to your airlines, you should stop and take a minute to evaluate the conditions under which the passengers are liable to apply under. The particulars of the Flight Delay Compensation Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 that allow customers to apply for the reimbursement of their tickets as well as the other expenses like refreshments and edibles booked for the duration of the flight has a few clauses that people attempting to apply for the same should be in the know about.
The first thing that has to be kept in mind before you apply for a claim is the grounds on the basis of which you are liable to file the claim, that is to say, if you qualify for the privileges specified under the Flight Delay Compensation Regulation (EC) No 261/2004. In this respect, it is important to ensure that your airline ticket complies with a set of guidelines described as follows-
Guidelines for claim application
- The place of your departure- for the Flight Delay Compensation Regulation(EC) No 261/2004 to hold, the place of your departure must be a member state in which the treaty is applicable or if you are travelling to or from any airport within a member state or if you are travelling via a flight that has a carrier licence to operate within a third country community.
- If you are departing from any of the states specified as EU member states
- If you are travelling to any state specified as EU member states or in any airline that is based in a EU member state.
- If you have a confirmed ticket for boarding that flight.
- If you are on time for all the check-in processes or 45 minutes before the departure time
- If you have been transferred from one flight to another
The passenger is not liable to apply for the reimbursement if the passenger is travelling under any specific scheme of free or discounted fare ticket that is not accessible to the public. With proper knowledge of the specifics and a little help from http://flugverspaetungsrecht.de/, you can avoid any type of hassle in the process of claim settlement.